The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yaay ~

My lone female snowball shrimp is berried :D so excited !!

Just a question though, do different breeds mount each other?
I saw a tangerine tiger mount my berried snowball :eek: I've never kept different species together and didn't know if that was common.

Anyways here is the picture. Enjoy ! Yaaaaaay :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of lighting do you have? Do all your snowballs glow like that?
This tank was a saltwater before and the light was for it. It's a Innovative Marine 8 Watt 14000K SKKYE LIGHT LED Light. It might be the blue LEDs that are making them glow :)

So cool! Makes me want to get some snowball shrimp.
You should! They are very animated and a joy to watch :)

She looks as if you are keeping her very happy in your conditions. :) Congrats!
All thanks to you !

TT's are aggressive shrimp, so it was probably attracted to the pheromones in the water. They seem to try to mate with anything. lol.
I see. They seem a lot more 'well-behaved' than my snowballs actually :p

Beautiful shrimp! Snowballs are so underrated.
They are. I was just lucky enough to find some for sale on TPT from Soothing Shrimp.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
When I first started with shrimp in 2005, the snowballs were the "it" shrimp to have. They were very soughtafter...sort of like the higher grade CRS today. It's a shame that their popularity dwindled so much over the past few years. If I had a neo tank these would be on the top of my list.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
When I first started with shrimp in 2005, the snowballs were the "it" shrimp to have. They were very soughtafter...sort of like the higher grade CRS today. It's a shame that their popularity dwindled so much over the past few years. If I had a neo tank these would be on the top of my list.
+1 They seem to have lost some steam since white/goldens have been available. Both are pretty, but very different in my opinion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a nice patch of fiss too. lol grats
Haha thanks, Bought it from a member here on TPT so I can't take much credit on the size of it, just the new growth :p

Your shrimp is extremely pretty! I've never really looked at snowball's. Maybe I should
Thanks! Yes they are lovely shrimp. Females really stand out because of how white their saddles and eggs are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.