The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I also posted this in the Swap&Shop but figured maybe some people in the shrimp section may have some. Not everyone checks out the SwapShop

If you have either of these and are willing to sell some please PM me. I have been bit very badly by the shrimp bug :)

-Ryan

Green Shrimp: Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp

Snowball Shrimp: Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp

The green shrimp is very hard to get. Have you check petshrimp.com for snowballs?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Been trying to locate some green shrimps right now. Have 4 of them at the moment, but no females...

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Been trying to locate some green shrimps right now. Have 4 of them at the moment, but no females...
They are hard to get, breed extremely slowly and most of the ones you find on the market are of one sex.

-Pedro

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I thought shipper dealt with customs, not receiver? Or are you meaning the extra time waiting?
Its never sellers responsiblity or so they say, Customer is supposed to know the laws and everything in their area and follow them.

That's why getting shrimp in here legally can be a PITA, but once you get to know the customs officers in your area it should be easier... or as I've heard. You don't really need a permit to have shrimp but they need to be all labled correctly and stuff.

Ever wonder why there is very little shrimp in Canada? Customs there are worse than ours...

-Andrew

·
Registered
477 Posts
I emailed Mustafa on Petshrimp.com to see if he's going to be getting anymore snowball shrimp in and he said not at the moment because he's in the middle of a big move across the states. He's going East coast to the West coast.

He told me just to stay tuned on the Petshrimp.com website.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
That does not mean is the true green shrimp. There are many green shrimp, for example the rainbow shrimp. What color are the eggs of this shrimp?The saddle and eggs are a greenish color.

-Pedro
sorry, but i do have a bunch of green shrimp

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
My LFS gets the green shrimp in all of the time. It might not hurt to ask if your LFS can get them in for you. A lot of time they won't order stuff in if they don't know what it is. If a customer shows interest they'll try to help out...at least a good shop should. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
FYI at times on aquabid there is a seller from Cali that sells green shrimp. I heard that these are possibly wildcaughts and some other species may be mixed in.

I, too, love the have green shrimps(Caridina cf. babaulti) one day, also. Good luck finding some.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts