The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on vacation for a week and got some of the new snow flake food. Do I just add it to the tank the day before I go and its fine?

I was reading it's good for longer periods so figured I got the chance to try it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I heard so much about snow flake food. Does this really good for shrimp? I might try it out sometime soon. As far as the vacation, sometime your shrimp can live without food up for 3 days or more ... because in your tank should has ton of junk for them to eat around .. but keep in mind depend on how many shrimps in that tank :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I got my first package, I was like, "It's a pellet food, what's up with that?" I was expecting flakes along the lines of flake food for tropical fish. I drop it in, watch it sink, notice a few shrimp come over to it, and then I go about my business with a few other tanks. About 5 minutes later I look back, and go, "OK, now I get it. It's an exploding snowball masking as a pellet." Neat trick. I'll have to show my kids the next time I feed it. Most of my colonies polish off a stick or so within 2 days. The neos seem to take a bit longer, but they like it just as well.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm so 2 days is not a bad time. I will be going on a 7 day cruise so I might try adding a little extra to make it last.

If it was just the shrimp I think it might last longer, but with the snail army on the move they keep the tank spot free of any leftovers lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.