The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OLD MARCH 22, 2006 PICS

co2, t5 3.6 watts reflector , plain gravel(soon to be eco complete) now eco complete
40 emerald eye rasboras
2 breeding pair rams - *may 17th took out because they eat shrimp
4 ottos
4 sae- *may 17th took out because they eat moss :(

4 t5's showing, 2 more underneath and other half of reflector

·
Registered
429 Posts
Beautiful tank!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Love the left side~

Reactions: Steve Z

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ingenious! I love how that piece of driftwood with plants on it resembles a tree. I really like the depth you created with your aquascape, the mix of shade, driftwood and plants is excellent.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I must agree with that driftwood. It's pretty sick. It does have this nice eerie feeling to it. Lonely but not so lonely.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
deeplove said:
I must agree with that driftwood. It's pretty sick. It does have this nice eerie feeling to it. Lonely but not so lonely.

:thumbsup:
i couldnt of said it better myself.

also you got some gw in there?

-=- fish newb -=-

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Fish Newb said:
also you got some gw in there?
I was wondering the same thing. The plants look real nice and the driftwood sets it off. But is it the lighting or is there a little GW going on?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats gw guys? I also have a problem, my tank only has 40lbs of normal gravel which sucks , and i just bought 4 bags of eco complete. So now i want to change it but i dont know what i should do, o alsoi dont have any other tanks that have cycled water in it.
i have 50 fish in the tank, do i take all the fish out?
could i run big hang on filters and leave the fish in?
i really wanna get this done soon so i can get some shrimp:frown:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
GW = Greenwater algae. It's a unicellular algae that is suspended in the water coulmn and makes the water looks hazey with a green tint. It can be eliminated with a UV sterilizer, a diatom filter or a lot of daphina.

·
Registered
229 Posts
sNApple,

What T5's are those? I just put a new screw-in GE CF in my little tank, and all of my pictures look green like yours, but in person, there is no green tint. My other tanks are around 6500K color and show no green in the pictures.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ktulu_JL said:
sNApple,

What T5's are those? I just put a new screw-in GE CF in my little tank, and all of my pictures look green like yours, but in person, there is no green tint. My other tanks are around 6500K color and show no green in the pictures.
terra grow 6500k 55watt HO

1 - 20 of 350 Posts