The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what brought me here is I was googling terrariums for snake and a forum came up someone had stacked two 10gal tanks i'm doing kind of the samething uploadfromtaptalk1397987416913.jpg

What I'm looking help with is plants and I would like to put a waterfall/pond not sure how to do it

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
What kind of snake are you planning to house in this? Just a warning most snakes will defecate in what ever water is in the tank. If that is your tank and that is a ball python sticking it's head out of the cave. . . . . They tend to spend most of their time in a hide spot, just saying.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Welcome to TPT!

Most snake species couldn't handle the humidity of a waterfall... so definitely need to be sure of the needs of your species.

Also +1 that many reptiles love pooping in their water bowls, so bacteria could become a major issue. In zoo setups, the keepers drain, pressure wash, and sterilize the anaconda (etc) pools frequently.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You probably don't want to leave that heat lamp IN the enclosure. Your snake is likely to climb on it at some point and get severe burns. Is that a Ball Python's head sticking out? I can't really tell I've raised BP's for many years but getting out of that hobby.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If it is a ball python, they also do better with an undertank heater. A heat lamp tends to dry the enclosure out faster, losing humidity and causing dry shed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts