The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to cut my snail population down. I didn't have any trouble before I started making sure my water parameters were good. Now that they are, I have SNAILS, and lots of them.

My only solution so far is to smush the little ones on the glass, and put the larger ones in my 38 gallon, where the bluegill chows down on them.

I'd like a better solution. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
342 Posts
You could put some zuchini(sp) in at night and remove with all the snail on it in the mornings till you get your population where you want it to be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why would you get rid of them? I really like them. Are they harmful to you tank?

Just call me "Curious George" (even thou my name is Danny:help:) .......... LOL

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
They're ugly.

Just don't overfeed and they'll regulate themselves. Or put in some lettuce overnight and in the morning, before you turn on the lights, pull it up and have a net underneath to catch any snails that fall off.

·
Registered
845 Posts
You could sell/donate your snails too. People are always looking for some for their critters to eat. I had 3 dwarf puffers and they also decimated my snail population. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
poo

I don't mind the snails, and they aren't hurting my plants, but their is little poo pieces all over my plant leaves. I can brush these off. I'm worried if I don't get to it for a few days, that algae might start up. I've finally got a grip on all the BGA, BBA, GSA, and staghorn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts