The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a picture of a few unknown snails. I'm assuming they are either ramshorn or pond snails. Can anyone tell? Sorry for camera quality :/

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pond/bladder shells spiral out to a point behind the snail. Ramshorn shells are basically flat spirals that place the center point of the spiral directly above the snail's body.

Of course, if that snail is too small to see the shape of the shell, no one's going to be able to ID it. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok

Ok so I finally got a slightly better picture of that snail I first posted hopefully you guys can identify it for sure. I think its a baby ramshorn myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Looks like a mini ramshorn. They are really flat like a disc and stay very small, like 2mm. I have them in most of my shrimp tanks and don't mind them at all. If you have a decent population of MTSs, the MTSs will outcompete them for food. Perfect dwarf puffer food.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welllllllll

Looks like a mini ramshorn. They are really flat like a disc and stay very small, like 2mm. I have them in most of my shrimp tanks and don't mind them at all. If you have a decent population of MTSs, the MTSs will outcompete them for food. Perfect dwarf puffer food.
Mine isn't flat from the top view its quite roundish looking. So I'm guessing its a baby ramshorn.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xd

Baby Ramshorn.
The snails I received from you are doing awesomely well they have laid 4 bunches of eggs that I can find so far :) how long will it take them to hatch?

·
Registered
795 Posts
never seen answer on how long til they hatch. Varies with temp, water parameters and age. So can't be positive. With Mystery snails(P. Diffusa) it takes about 4-6 weeks. So maybe it be the same??

Glad you enjoy the snails :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have 15 egg sack things so I'm really excited if my camera would take good enough pics I'd have pictures gallore :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts