The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a couple ruffle swords from a LFS last week. Last night I noticed a small new snail in my tank. I know that the plant tank at the LFS had assassin snails in it but I don't think this is an assassin snail. Im not really sure what it is yet, I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify it. If I don't have to worry about a population explosion i'll probably just keep the snail.

The pictures are unfortunately blurry, the best I could do with my phone.:icon_sad:

The snail has a dark brown shell with yellow/gold spots. The snail itself is a light pink color. The shell doesn't look long like a rabbit snail, more similar in shape to a mystery snail but I don't SEE a trapdoor.

Any clue what this might be?

Thanks,
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
The good news is, snails are pretty easy to control and even eliminate. Unlike all the disgusting nematodes and planaria and seed shrimp that are invading all of my tanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I've since removed the snail from that tank and put it into a smaller one that was empty anyways. I guess i'll just use them as loach food if they breed :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts