The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a couple ruffle swords from a LFS last week. Last night I noticed a small new snail in my tank. I know that the plant tank at the LFS had assassin snails in it but I don't think this is an assassin snail. Im not really sure what it is yet, I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify it. If I don't have to worry about a population explosion i'll probably just keep the snail.

The pictures are unfortunately blurry, the best I could do with my phone.:icon_sad:

The snail has a dark brown shell with yellow/gold spots. The snail itself is a light pink color. The shell doesn't look long like a rabbit snail, more similar in shape to a mystery snail but I don't SEE a trapdoor.

Any clue what this might be?

Thanks,
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I've since removed the snail from that tank and put it into a smaller one that was empty anyways. I guess i'll just use them as loach food if they breed :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.