The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. My tank has been invaded by an army of snails. They seem to only come out at night which leads me to believe their Malaysian Trumpet snails. Same shell shape as an assassin snail but they don't seem to have the black stripes. During the photoperiod there's no sign of them, but, about 30 min after the lights go out, the party starts. There's hundreds of them!

I introduced some Assassin Snails but I'm afraid they're gravely outnumbered. I've read that Malaysian Trumpet snails are great for planted tanks as they don't eat plants and aerate the substrate. Is this even an issue I should worry about? Should I just start harvesting them and taking them to my LFS?

My tank is a 90G community with three Discus, two Red Spotted Yellow Sevrum, and two Platinum Angels. 6 Cory Cats and a school of 8 Rummy Nose. Water temp 80% and I use CO2 with my wet/dry filter.

Thanks in advance, and I'll see if I can snap a pic tonight.

Think I just caught one!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yep you are correct MTS it is. A population bloom is often a sign of overfeeding.
As to them being an issue... Depends on what your opinion on snails is. I did not notice any specific plant damage.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.