The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ditto on the Ramshorn. They will eat dead matter, but leave the live ones alone. If you don't want them, get rid of them before they multiply.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
how big are they? if they are tiny snails (1-2mm), you should get rid of them as soon as possible. They reproduce super quick and will overtake the tank in a few months... I made the mistake of letting them into my community tank and now I have to squish out at least 20-30 of them each day...:mad:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought it looked like they were flat. Doesn't look like any Ramshorn I've ever seen. Have they been eating your plants?
Nope don't eat any of the plants that I can see.

how big are they? if they are tiny snails (1-2mm), you should get rid of them as soon as possible. They reproduce super quick and will overtake the tank in a few months... I made the mistake of letting them into my community tank and now I have to squish out at least 20-30 of them each day...:mad:
They are about that size I been squishing them ever few days still I see them lol. And also them Freshwater Limpet never had them before till I got some plants from forum members :eek5::frown:. Everyday I am on a hunt in my 55g and 7g tanks hehe kill them all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
So does anyone know exactly what they are? I have been seeing them in my tanks too. They came in with plants I bought from a forum member (not this one) along with several other snail varieties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts