The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20H (planted of course) and for about 2 years now I'm battling Malaysian horned snails. I am constantly getting plagued by them, up to the point that I can count 50+ on the glass at night without looking at the plants. Now my question is, where can I order copper sulfate thats aquarium safe/made specifically for snail control because I'm not having luck finding it in stores. If anyone can steer me towards a website that'd be great. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think you mean Malaysian Trumpet Snails?

Although they are not bad at all for your tank - they are a pain if let to get out of control. You probably will never be rid of them now, but you can help by putting in the time to just pick them out as you see them - admitidly this could take alot of time. The other thing you could do is add predators like loach's or Assasin Snails - these will not reproduce in your tank and spend there time looking for other snails to eat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.