The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a nerite snail today at petsmart, it was the last one they had but my lonely java fern has decided to sprout algae. Hence the snail, only wanted one anyways, so i was ok with that. Didn't get a fantastic look at him but hey, its a snail right? *headdesk* Well we get turbo home, about to put him and some tetras in Qt, and notice an unusual white line across the top of his shell. Odd, since he's dark brown with black zigzags. Ok, so i have to pick him up out of the bag since hes holding on for dear life, its a crack. A nasty one. It goes widthwise across the top of his shell just past the first "hump". So obviously calcium supplement, is there anything else i can do for him? Hes a bit small to serve with garlic and butter, and i cant imagine hes happy with a new vent... Ideas? Suggestions? Make him a patch like Turbo?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
nail polish, or egg shell membrane with super glue, forget what else I have heard of people using, maybe even egg shell....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a site that says you can use a piece of seashell or snail shell and superglue it to it.

Surgery it is then.... SCALPEL!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surgery went well. It looks like he either came from a puffer tank, or got caught in something. The marks look like bites to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbo has some new issues to deal with. Apparently my new plants came with a friend. Ive named him Killer. Yes, an assassin snail. Turbo has hidden himself since his shell correction (do you know how tempting it was to paint his shell post op?) and our new friend has been trolling. I think Turbo is up in the plants somewhere, hopefully at least. Lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well since you're familiar with snail modifications now you could always attach an orange flag and pole to the assassin snail like they have for go karts. Problem solved

1 - 13 of 13 Posts