The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, just got some loaches today, and they came with a floating plant. not sure what the plant is, but its kind of a mesh and has purple leaves on the base part. ANYWAY, the also had some hitch-hikers that are NOT welcome!

Its a 10 gal tank (getting a 30 and another 10 this week, so dont freak about excess fish). Theres the 4 chain/dwarf loaches, 3 glass tetras, 3 rosy red minnows, 3 zebra danios, and 2 apple/mystery snails. I do realize that is too many fish for the tank, but its either that, or flush the extra! The danios and minnows are going to be leaving very soon.

I dont need a snail infestation right now, please help me rid them without chemicals that will hurt my pet snails!

I know loaches eat snails, but not sure if dwarf ones do. I think they are pond snails. not a flat spiral like ramshorn, not a long shell like MTS, somewhere in between. like football shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Once the plants are in your tank your f-ed. But yeah, look up ways to dip your plants. I've used potassium permanganate and a brief bleach bath. Both seem to have worked out alright. Be warned though the bleach dips are harsh on plants. Anything more than a few minutes will likely damage it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts