The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any pics of the SMS Red subtrate in there aquarium. Like most on this forum, I am intersted in a more natural look. Unfortunately all of the Lesko(spelling) dealers in my area (NE Atlanta) don't carry grey only red. Probably due to the fact that our dirt is naturally red down here in Atlanta, GA. So if you have used the red version please let me know and post any pics if possible.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the same concern as your before. I tried the Shultz Aquasoil which did have a reddish color to it.

However, if you want to give charcoal a chance, I think you will be pleasantly surprised as to how natural it actually looks.

I just replaced the Aquasoil with the SMS Charcoal and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your Lesko dealer can order some of the charcoal if you prefer it. Or you can order it online for pick up at any Lesko dealer. That's what I did since mine doesn't carry charcoal either.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Reddish clay is about as natural as you can get. It's a good contrast against green and looks great. You a going to fill your tank with plants anyway so it's not like you will see a lot of it. If it had pink or silver paint on it, I would agree with you :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts