The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert my SMS 122 probes to be inline, I found an old thread that alluded to a premade inline tee connectors that might hold a probe... this would be awesome. Is anyone aware of something like this that would fit 5/8" tubing? Thanks

Dan O

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm downloading the a catalog now. Do you have a pic of yours available?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Heyco fittings

I've recently ordered and fitted some fittings from heyco, I can confirm that they'll work well. I ordered several versions, the 3/4 inch version was 836-M3460 and seems to fit my probe(sms 122 orginal) well.

You can find them online at mouser electronics, I'm trying a link below to a search page for heyco but if it doesn't work, try the search yourself at Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor. The fitting is on this page:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/629/1520.pdf

I can't vouch for the liquid tightness of the fitting although it looks good, I saw the fitting in Scolley's Heyco threads. A search for either should steer you in the right direction.

Its going to be a couple weeks will I've tested mine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice.... so you just put a sprinkler tee inline and one of these cordgrips, and the cord grip clamps down on the probe? What size are the threads that attach to the tee? Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.