The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best investment you've ever made when getting aquatic gardening tools?

Any advice would be cherished:

I have a 24inch tall tank, and I am wondering what would be best to use to make my life easier when trimming, planting delicate stems, lifting plants to the surface, etc.

What products haven't rusted, jammed, dulled, broken, etc. for you? Which ones aren't worth buying?

If you can share a "must have" list of things that help you get around driftwood and into edges and corners, etc. can you also please share where the best place to find them cheap might be?

I ordered some aquasoil, and there was a mixup in the order, so my plants still aren't in my aquarium-- but I am already wondering how I am going to reach diagonally across from the top front to the back bottom (the tank is in a recessed nook, so I don't have access from the sides or back-- only from the front).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
24inches would probably be better for me than 18. At one point in the tank, I have to reach about 40 inches from the top front to the back bottom because of a large piece of driftwood that prevents a straight shot.

I was looking at one of these, but it didn't seem to get very good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Acce...1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320777862&sr=8-1-fkmr2

Does any place make good, long, curved, spring-type scissors for trimming foreground-type plants?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have one of those plastic tools that I have used in my 210 (also 24 inches tall) and love them to death, I do all my planting with them and find them very very useful. The cutting head i have only used once or twice and it was tricky but the needle nose head is wonderful. And as cheap as it is it is a great long distance tool.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.