1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure on my water, but I will be using R/O water for my tank. What nano fish is not so hard to find but is very small?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I just realized you're in Canada.

I'm afraid I have no idea what may be easy to find in your area. I do have friends who've lived in the Windsor area though, and I know they've got an active freshwater fish club- I suggest you seek them out for places or people to ask!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!, anybody you know in windsor who can sell me some of these fish? Or fish that are smaller? Would love to get some pencil fish.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
check out www.bcaquaria.com and check out the 'sponsors' section. April, of Aprils aquarium ships all over, and she has Boraras brigattae, and also Celestial Pearl Danios. The Boraras are $2/ea, and she usually throws in a few extras.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a million for that link. R/O water does not have to be used, I can use regular tap water. Water here is considered "drinking water"

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ember tetras are small and brightly colored. They are pretty common too, especially with online sellers. Add it to your list of fish to look for. :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Least Killifish/Dwarf livebearer

You can find Least Killifish aka Dwarf livebearers which is a native of Florida and Georgia from this guy Paul Sachs. He's a real good guy who breeds native fish.

http://www.aquaculturestore.com :eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
The smallest fish that I have kept is Heterandria formosa (Dwarf Livebearer). Not sure how available they are nowadays, and they might not appreciate RO water. They can handle slightly brackish conditions.
I was going to say formosa's also.

I have some of these currently in a 5 gallon. Very small fish. Interesting fish to. They produce very few young at one time, but they give birth to larger fry to help them survive. So don't be fooled by the livebearer status as you wont have 100's like guppies lol. Which is another reason I like them. I think males get like .8 inches and females a tad over an inch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts