The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 100 mL box of Purigen for my tanks. Since this is the first time I've used this, I didn't realize it was all in a single sealed mesh bag. I have a few nano tanks I'd like to use this in, but obviously this size is too large for the majority of my filters. I'd like to make smaller bags of the stuff, but am unsure what to use as bag material. Would fabric work? Water would flow through it, but I'm not sure the Purigen could do its work inside fabric.

I read Andygold's thread on his experience with Purigen in Fish: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=217089

Obviously, this isn't the usual effect for using this product, but I'd like to get this set up correctly. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Either that, or you can usually get smaller-sized mesh bags @ PetSmart stores for about $1. each. But the mesh is not quite fine enough to contain some of the smaller Purigen grains, so you need to double-bag it. They sell 2 sizes of bags, and I've been using the larger ones to contain Purigen for a couple of years now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts