The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE NOTE! The majority of this driftwood is pine and is considered a soft wood. It is not suitable for submerged uses. This driftwood can be used for wabi-kusa or zen gardens or any other arrangement that is not submerged under water.

I have a whole bunch of Northwest Washington Driftwood from the Puget Sound for sale. This driftwood is unique compared to most and is mostly found on the northwest coast of Oregon and Washington.
Most pieces are small to medium sized.
These are great for use with Wabi-Kusa and any other layout such as a zen garden or train setup. Some of the larger pieces are good for medium to large sized tanks.

I am willing to sell these cheap. I am not sure what most people would like to buy so please feel free to ask questions and state how much of what you would like to buy.

All pieces have been boiled for over 10 minutes.

It has just come to my attention that the majority of the driftwood I have for sale is pine and is not suitable for any submerged settings. This driftwood is still good for other uses such as wabi-kusa or zen garden type arrangements as long as its not submerged.

If you sent me money via paypal I will either refund your payment in full or if you would still like to purchase this wood for use outside of an aquarium please contact me and let me know.

I apologize for this mistake and hope I did not cause any trouble.

Special Packages
If you would like to request a specific amount of specific sizes and shapes of this driftwood please PM me or send an email here.

Packages Deals

Package 001 $10 Shipped

Package 002 $13 Shipped PENDING

Package 003 $15 Shipped PENDING

Package 004 $8 Shipped

Package 005 $9 Shipped

Package 006 $9 Shipped PENDING

Package 007 $8 Shipped

Package 008 $7 Shipped SOLD

Package 009 $7 Shipped SOLD

Package 010 $7 Shipped

Package 011 $8 Shipped PENDING

Package 012 $8 Shipped

Package 013 $7 Shipped SOLD

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice lot! How many large pieces do you have there and how large are they, approx? I'm aquascaping a 6-foot tank, so I'm looking for some decent sizes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are about 7 - 10 larger sizes approx a foot long give or take.
Some thicker and some thinner.

What are you looking for? Thinner or thicker pieces?
Here is a larger photo of the entire set.
I will be gather some more later, if you have a preference I will specifically look for that next time I go to the beach which should be fairly soon.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the tweezers in the top right of the image are 10", try to use that as a reference for size. And the quarter for the smaller pieces.

Again, anyone interested, let me know what shapes and sizes you are looking for and ill take photos of just those sizes.

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It depends on how much you want and what sizes.
I have not worked up any exact costs at the moment but obviously the smaller pieces will be alot less and weigh alot less so shipping will be cheaper aswell.

Let me know what sizes and thicknesses you are looking for and ill work up a cost for you.

Later tonight when I get off work I will put together some packages and costs. But nobody is limited to the packages. I want to sell you only what you want.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If package 3 becomes available let me know, I will take it.
Will do.

I will be picking up some more later on next week, so those of you who wanted a package already sold keep checking back.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, thanks for all the orders guys.
I will send out all orders received, tomorrow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hehe no worries, like I said, there will be lots more so don't feel like you missed out. :)

On a side note, my PM mailbox filled up VERY quickly hehe, I was worried I was going to loose messages so I purchased the bronze account, got space for 250 now :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I mentioned in the first post most of it sinks. I boiled all of it.
I don't believe it is pine.

If it turns out that some is and it breaks down after some weeks I will refund the money and or send replacement wood.

I know that not all of this will be submerged aswell. But I don't believe it will be a problem.

I just did some research about pine driftwood and I see its not a good idea for a tank as its a softwood. I am going to postpone all orders for today and do some tests to make sure I am selling you wood that will not decay. If I find any pieces that I am uncertain about that are part of a package already sold or pending I will make sure and inform the buyer and give you two options. You can either let me find you replacement pieces or I will refund your money.
I want to insure that you are paying for a quality item, I am not looking to rip anybody off.

I will follow up on this later today. I apologize if this causes any trouble.
Like I mentioned earlier though, most of the wood floats and I know of others who have used this wood in their fishtanks for many years.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts