The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Corydoras hastatus are also quite small (1" or under), and like pygmaeus are both bottom and mid-level swimmers. I keep a small school of them in my 8 gallon tank with shrimps and they all seem to be doing fine. Habrosus are a tad bigger (1-1.5") and stay mostly on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Small Corys

Good morning Cannon...

I have several Albino Corydoras in one of my 55 Gs and they're all close to two years old and none are more than 1.5 inches long. These little guys are pretty hardy.

B

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having never seen any of the pygmy species in person, based off Google Images, I'm really liking hastatus. I think I'd like to put 5 of these guys into my tank. I checked on Aquabid and unfortunately hastatus isn't currently available. It seems that pygmaeus is the only dwarf species to be had right now.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I will have habrosus after this weekend. Hastatus are notoriously hard to get in. They always come in as pygmaeus.

Panda cories are another petite cory. Another thing you could look into is aspidoras :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.