The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have glowlight, serpae and neon tetras in my tank (and other species). This has been an ongoing visual but the tetras accumulate micro bubbles on their bodies. I dose Prime once a week. The bubbles seem to accumulate after the dosing and will stay for days and weeks. What may be causing this? Anybody else have this micro bubble issue?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought thats what I was getting. I had my son come down to verify this. He had an ick outbreak and cleaned is take out. He says when he uses water clarifier some of his fish get it. I have seen this on my fish for about 3 to 4 weeks now. If it was ick they would be dead by now, right? They are happy and attack food at feeding time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No pics. Isnt ick flakey looking? The bubbles seem to come and go as they surface for food. My corys, angels, glass cats and ottos show no signs of bubbles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ick looks like little flecks of salt on their body. When my tank got it, only 4 of 9 fish actually showed any signs of it at all.

If the mini bubbles go away as they surface, i dont know what it could be.

Any of your fish showing any signs of clamped fins?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every fish is active, swimming and eating normally. The bubbles shimmer as the light hits them different ways.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have seen this on trout, on the river I work on. It is a form of nitrogen supersaturation. In short, it is like the bends. Compressed atmospheric oxygen created by water flowing over a dam is what causes it on the Bighorn River. The bubbles form under their 'skin' sometimes they go away sometimes they grow and blister. Of course I can't say for sure that this is happening in fish tanks but it is possible.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do a google search of: "gas bubble fish disease" you may be able to find some info. Some sights say it is from too much dissolved oxygen others say water supersaturated with gasses. But perhaps you can find a solution via one of the websites that popped up. Good luck

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My return from my filter creates thousands of micro bubbles a minute. I believe after watching more last night they may be attaching to the fish as they swim. Is this a good thing or bad? I was watching one of my serpae tetras and the bubbles were releasing from it. Is it something I should be worried about? Water params good, everything zero except nitrates at 10-20, PH 7.6

I have another post coming you won't want to miss. It happened last night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.