The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This type of algae described in the title made me restart my tank last time. And now I see it again, I am freaking out. I really want to use the overdose on excel and the hydrogen peroxide method to kill it. Any suggestions on how?

I have co2 system. Heavily planted tank with a very delicate utricularia graminifolia carpet. one oto and two amano shrimps.

Is it safe to overdose on excel and hydrogen peroxide?

Bump: by the way i think the type of algae i have is called Rhizoclonium

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd remove the other and the shrimp before overdosing on peroxide.... I've melted tons of plants by doing too much with Excell, be leery of that also. May want to figure out what the imbalances are that are causing this algea to reoccur... Try cutting hours of lighting, sure you know the drill. Good luck

I'd remove the other and the shrimp before overdosing on peroxide.... I've melted tons of plants by doing too much with Excell, be leery of that also. May want to figure out what the imbalances are that are causing this algea to reoccur... Try cutting hours of lighting, sure you know the drill. Good luck
Oto.... Not other :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
This type of algae described in the title made me restart my tank last time. And now I see it again, I am freaking out. I really want to use the overdose on excel and the hydrogen peroxide method to kill it. Any suggestions on how?

I have co2 system. Heavily planted tank with a very delicate utricularia graminifolia carpet. one oto and two amano shrimps.

Is it safe to overdose on excel and hydrogen peroxide?

Bump: by the way i think the type of algae i have is called Rhizoclonium
I'm not sure if UG will melt from the excel dosing my you can use hydrogen peroxide with the shrimp in the tank. Just make sure you turn off the filter and pumps for 15-20 minutes.

You could also try a blackout method

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.