The Planted Tank Forum banner

Slightly confused. Need advice

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Diana 
#1 ·
Okay so the more I look at my tank the more I hate the way it looks with all its plastic plants after seeing this forum.So I have been acquiring plants ( Amazon sword, crypts, Anubias nana, bacopa, corkscrew Val, cabomba, Java fern, wisteria and a moss ball) most of them are baby plants some low light some not. I've added nutrafin plant grow to add extra minerals into the water. I bought a plant growth bulb but my fixture sucks so I need to find a replacement (15" is anyone's getting rid of one or will sell cheap). My tank is a 20g hex so it's pretty tall. Basically I just want to know with this info theoretically should my plants thrive without the added co2 and should I be doing anything else? Any information would be wonderful! Thanks :)

#8 ·
Honestly I would setup your tank and then give it some time and see what happens. Your rushing into the game, slow down.

Take some time, see how the plants do. Once you see where there might be problems for plants you want then consider changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.