The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Anyone have one of these? Looking to getting one as a cheap pressurized setup for an upcoming 5g planted project.

product link:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/4530/product.web
There was a thread on APC about these. Unless something has changed recently, it is a controller and not a true regulator. Meaning it would act more like a valve. The description describes it as a "Controller" not a regulator. I would ask about their return policy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i actually bought one of these and used it on a 20 gallon long. You cant get it down to a low bubble rate so more co2 was entering the tank and causing fish to gasp. i liked diy better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and it has been working very well for me. Works better than my buddies Milwakee. I've been able to adjust it down to 1 bubble every 3 sec.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I will bet that when the co2 pressure decreases in the paintball canister, the bubble rate will increase causing you to have to keep tweaking the bubble rate down, as the canister empties. Maybe not a big deal, just put a full tank on before you go on vacations.

·
Registered
489 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts