The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Looks beautiful! It also looks nice and cool, was 105 here yesterday.

Reactions: Plinkploop

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
馃槀馃槀 gotta get to that 30!! I believe there is a combination of local mosses, sweet flag, a few hardy zoned native lilies 馃槈 mommy (nature) planted it, not me. Full disclosure- somebody else tweaked the lights and ferts for me 馃槅
Stocking/plant list? Do you inject CO2?

Registered
馃槀馃槀 gotta get to that 30!! I believe there is a combination of local mosses, sweet flag, a few hardy zoned native lilies 馃槈 mommy (nature) planted it, not me. Full disclosure- somebody else tweaked the lights and ferts for me 馃槅
Yeah it would take a hell of a CO2 tank for that one! Very nice one though (y)

Registered
Thanks!! It's not just mine, though, there's a small group of us invested in this. 250 acres, none of us even sees each other when we so happen to show up at the same time- there's several small camps set up, this is our plot.
Well, I take it all back!

just kidding. still awesome.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have any guppies in the pond ?

Btw do you mow the lawn ?
馃槀 no guppies in here- I couldn't even pull permits to put in a goldfish pond because this pond here is part of a tributary river system and the possibility of accidental release is too high.

Yes, we mow the lawn- 8 hours a day, 2 days a week, 4 people total. Weed whacking takes about 4 hours. Goose and duck poop clean up is constant, we gave up this year- 3 sets of ducklings 3 sets of goslings, we just mow over it 馃槀. Good question, though.

Registered
Ouch! I am so glad i'm not a duckling. To be honest while I love ducklings i hate the mess that ducks produce but it was wonderful watching mom duck with 7 little ducklings following her everywhere (i lived in boston and would pass through the commons (public park) 7 days a week as i walked to work and well in the springs there were all sorts of ducks and ducklings. There was even a pair of female swans that laid eggs every spring. Mallard ducklings were the best.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ouch! I am so glad i'm not a duckling. To be honest while I love ducklings i hate the mess that ducks produce but it was wonderful watching mom duck with 7 little ducklings following her everywhere (i lived in boston and would pass through the commons (public park) 7 days a week as i walked to work and well in the springs there were all sorts of ducks and ducklings. There was even a pair of female swans that laid eggs every spring. Mallard ducklings were the best.
This year was the first year in a long time that we've had the mallard back. Every year there's always a soap opera with the babies 馃槀 this year one of the geese families stole 6 ducklings and 2 female ducks somehow. Last year one of the goslings was raised by the ducks. I love watching them all grow up. Right now the ducklings are still tiny but the goslings are now sub adults and losing the last of their poofy head feathers.

This year a pair of very small black ducks showed up, they're very elusive I have to do my research.

We don't mow or weed whack where there's nesting- we're not allowed, there's a ton of restrictions because of the location in a tributary system and fish and game pay us visits all the time so there's no ouch. They'd clobber me with fines and probably jail time if we did anything to the nesting sites.

We also have a great white heron and a little blue heron and a ton of fisher type migratories, no swans, though. I went to college in Boston lol loved walking the commons!! That was ages ago, though, it's changed so much!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.