The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering an opti white tank I was asked wether or not I wanted black or transparent silicone. I had never thought of it and the person making it says black gives a better texture without bubbles and is preferred. Most aquaria he makes are made with black silicone.

How do your rimless opti white tanks look and what would you choose?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never get black silicone on a rimless tank.

If he is asking you that question the chances are that he will be producing joints with a large filet. Bubbles should never be an issue in a properly assembled aquarium.
When I think of it I cant remember noticing silicone color (black) in aquascaping pictures before?

·
Temporarily suspended for violating sales limits
No tank right now :( :( :(
3,344 Posts
It is pretty rare that an aquarium uses anything but clear silicone

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
My 5' tank had black silicone. It won't show algae but it does frame the tank so it is more visible. If you are planning on a black background then it is likely fine but it will be pale then it might be annoying. That was the case for me. My tank had a black background for a decade and as soon as I put on a pale background I hated the black silicone and black rims.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.