The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the first signs of co2 overdoes??? my fish are moveing really slowly and seem to be chillin by the top allot... alothough they seem ok now, but about an hour ago thats what they were doing.

i dont have a test kit of any kind

any ideas?

thanks
craig

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its soo strange becuase i had the co2 the same for the last couple days... and i lost a couple of shrimp but my fish seemed fine... i really need to make some bubble counters.....

thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
You can get a drop checker for next to nothing. There's really no reason to run it by "guessing".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know.. i just got the main fold to spilt the co2 to 2 tanks before my finals.. and then i was studying and now i can final spend some time building the bubble counters... but thanks again for the info

·
Registered
664 Posts
The last time I had a bad overdose, mine were all gasping at the top and the cories were turning circles....but only lost one panda cory, so everything turned out almost fine. ;)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Gasping fish and dead inverts is a damn good sign of overdosing CO2. Inverts are the first to go in my experience.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had this very same trouble 4 months ago.:) Lost one blue ram and a shrimp. In this case, check your CO2 level and rectify it. Along with it, switch on airpumps to increase oxygenation and do a large water change. It helped prevented more casualties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts