The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still reeling in astonishment of how horrible yesterday was (Especially for my wife). My wife answered a phone call at about 6:30am yesterday to find out that her Grandma passed away on Wednesday night. She went into a coma about a week ago and was apparently suffering from Alzheimer's. She was 82 or so. Then, about an hour later, my wife was on the way to pick up someone on the way to work and accidentally crashed our 2004 RAV4. She's ok and there wasn't another car involved, but the pole she ran into did a good amount of damage to the front end. It was her first accident. The deductable is $500 and insurance will increase, but I suppose it could be worse. The kicker is that the car is only 1/2 paid off thus far, so they better not total it. Then, as if things couldn't get any worse, she got a call in the afternoon about her Grandpa (on the other side of the family) going into the emergency room with failing kidneys. His lungs were starting to fill with water, so we're not expecting him to last too long, unfortunately. I also got an email from my Mom about one of my great uncles (Grandma's sister's husband) who died a couple days ago. Have you heard about things happening in "3's"...Well, how about "4's"?
Sheesh -- can this week end please??
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
-Ryan

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I play the lottery occasionally, or scratchers, but never won anything other than a free ticket. This weekend should be fun, so it will take our minds off everything I'm hoping.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad string of luck, Ryan. Just hang in there, luck goes both ways.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ryan,

I'm so sorry your wife and you have to go through this. I'm dealing with a terminally ill father (on hospice) right now too with Kidney failure, congestive heart failure and diabetes :(. It's like the three are having a race on which will get him first (well, 4 he's been having mini strokes, and 5 if you consider he doesn't want to admit he can't do the same things as before or the times he isn't coherent enough and falls :(). The last fall he had this week he took out part of his room's wall :(.

I've found in these times it is important to have a safety valve and let off some of the pressure and do something nice for yourselves. Take time to take care of your needs too. Don't sweat the material things.

Take care and big {{{HUGS}}}

Tina

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not even worried about the car. My wife kept saying how sorry she was about it and I told her, "who cares? it's just a stupid car. Insurance will take care of it. I'm just glad you're ok".
tpl&co: yeah, it's tough when someone you know and love is in the hospital and you pretty much know that they're going to die, but no one knows exactly when. It happened to my Great aunt after having a stroke back in '02 or so.
I'll have to pick up a lottery ticket or two. Why not? We could use some luck.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. It seems like some winters everyone you know seems to die...:angryfire

As for the car... Its a car;) insurance is a wonderful thing!

-Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts