The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I purchased and Aquatek regulator and an adaptor (seen in blue) for a paint ball CO2 tank.

My problem is that the whole regulator, including the bubble counter, are sideways.

I assume that the bubble counter cannot function like this. if the water level is above the barb bubbles won't show up. I water level is above the barb water will be forced into the tube (I think) and drain the level of the bubble counter.

I can't be the first guy to have run into this problem?

How can I fix this. can I rotate the part that holds the needle valve (with the green dial) 90º?

Could I tip the tank at a diagonal so that the bubble counter will be at 45º and possibly work if full enough?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You can remove the bubble counter and get a brass fitting to create a 90. Just a thought, I would take a trip to the hardware and see what i could find.
+1 that's one of your easiest solutions.

The other would be to take the needle valve out of the regulator body and reinstall it oriented the way you need it. It looks like it's loctited in there so you'll need Teflon tape or more loctite upon reinstallation. Hopefully they didn't use red loctite. Clean the threads with a brass write brush before putting it back together. A steel brush will mess up your finish.

I wouldn't just rotate it 90 degrees. That would mean loosening it which might cause a leak. You'd have to do a full reinstall.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Another solution is you can put a two way splitter on it. That way the bubble counters will be running perpendicular. Then you can either just leave one side shut off or get another tank. I got another tank when the same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Another solution is you can put a two way splitter on it. That way the bubble counters will be running perpendicular. Then you can either just leave one side shut off or get another tank. I got another tank when the same thing happened to me.
Haha pro! Any excuse for a new tank!

"honey I have two co2 outputs, I'm going to need another tank."

Pure genius my friend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.