1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I just got my new rimless aquarium with dimensions:
160 x 60(h) x 70, glass thickness 15mm.

However, one of the long-side glasses is floating, for 2mm and not touching the base :( Also, two sides of the silicon have some minor bubbles..
The aquarium is huge so I don't want to take any risks here.

You opinion is very welcome

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Wouldn't be as concerned with the bubbles as I would with the glass not sitting flush. It could prove to just be an aesthetic but if I had the option I'd definitely look into seeing if wherever you got the tank from could get you a better replacement.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
The bubbles would bother me. The non-flush pane would bother me. Even if they aren't structural risks? I'd never be able to stop thinking about them. I'd consider reaching out to the manufacturer for clarification at the very least. That way they can't claim you never said anything or expressed concern.

For such a large and expensive tank, I would expect near perfection. But that's just me with high equipment standards. I expect even my lower end/cheaper tanks to be built well. May be the spoiled American in me speaking but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For such a large and expensive tank, I would expect near perfection. But that's just me with high equipment standards. I expect even my lower end/cheaper tanks to be built well. May be the spoiled American in me speaking but I'm not sure.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to be upset with that quality(or lack of) on a new rimless tank. Aesthetics and build quality for a rimless tank should definitely be considered, otherwise people might as well simply buy a cheap rimmed tank from a major chain store.

The finish on that tank makes some of the low end aquariums look good. But on the bright side, at least the triangular styrofoam arrived in good shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.