The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think this is? He has the one white splotch on his side and then one on his jaw...I noticed it yesterday and dosed with pimafix, melafix and maracyn 2. I'm thinking its fungus and hoping its not columnaris.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the best i can get im sorry, but its not raised at all. And yeah its a pretty darn cool fish so im trying my best to keep him healthy...It has a healthy colored spot in the middle if that helps

·
Registered
417 Posts
How big is it? I've only seen a few in person. Looks really neat!

Adam

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thats the best i can get im sorry, but its not raised at all. And yeah its a pretty darn cool fish so im trying my best to keep him healthy...It has a healthy colored spot in the middle if that helps
I'd def at least try... Hairy Puffers (Tetraodon Baileyi) are definitely one of those hard fish to come by. The spot isn't anything like this is it:

Target Puffers (Tetraodon fangi) are known for the spot. I've never seen a Baileyi with one before though. Is the side spot symmetrical? As in does it have the same spot on the other side?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he's about 5 inches... no there's nothing on the other side and he has a small white spot on his jaw/bristle from his jaw... nothing has progressed but he is much more active and swimming around. no fin deterioration either so its not columnaris.

The spot almost looks like a depression (definitely not raised), but it could just be the contour of his body. either way i still have no idea what it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.