The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In short, I'll skip half of the questions because I'm dosing an all in one. The redness around his nose, I have two more ottos, the oldest it's very pale in color and doesn't move around much. And most of my fish were purchased from PETsMART. I bought some glofish, went back the next day to buy a purple one and all of the purple ones had ich.(why I'm dosing)... Never encountered ich before but I imagine that all my fish have/had it now but not showing physical signs. Not sure but I think the big Otto had white poo, stupid PETsMART and their horrible tanks infecting my fish with who knows what.

Bump: Not willing to test my water until after meds are done since I had to take out my carbon. I have a lot of new plants so I'm pretty sure nitrates are still almost nil. Tank is cycled and I'm over filtering

·
Registered
378 Posts
What is your logic between not being willing to test while your tank is medicated?

Neither meds nor carbon (or lack thereof) should affect those parameters you would be testing for. They are either bad or good.

The Oto looks healthy to me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What redness? I just see a mild roan-ish tint around its entire head. Natural color variation, I think.
That's pretty much what I have been told, that one is extremely active too

Bump:
What is your logic between not being willing to test while your tank is medicated?

Neither meds nor carbon (or lack thereof) should affect those parameters you would be testing for. They are either bad or good.

The Oto looks healthy to me.
Last time I checked, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate under 5 ppm. I cannot do a water change nor add prime cause it would neutralize the medication plus I just don't feel like shaking bottles all day lol

Bump: My nitrates were around twenty then they dropped to barely readable. Not sure what that means, if its good or bad but I have been adding plants so they could have used them?..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My oldest Otto was pretty pale before I started treatment along with my oldest Julie.. The Julie is more active now and his color along with the Otto is looking good to... I really need a quarantine tank but cannot setup one right now so dosing it's a good preventive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts