The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 mollies some baby guppies and black kuhlis in a 20 gallon. the mollies started to shimmy and the one adult guppy male started to glance of the plants. the mollies have some white cottony growth on their tails. no other signs of illness.

i thought that when they scratched on the rocks that meant parasites???

so how do i treat when i dont know if its parasites, bacteria, or fungal???

i know what ich looks like and this is not ich.
in the past ive added Erythromycin when i saw this whiteness. but it didnt seem to have any affect this time.

I hate to see my mollies shimmy. it seems aweful.

please help.
d.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
It's probably a combo of bacteria and fungal (secondary symptoms). You can try Jungle's fungal Clear or use Maracyn I & II together.

And do a water change first. This condition is probably due to poor water quality.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I know this won't help but with mollies I've always found they do a lot better with a considerable amount of salt in the water and 82-84° temps. But most of my experience with them was raising wild collected stock from brackish water.

Depending on what your temp is now you might raise it some if you can without risking other fish in the tank.

SteveU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.