The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been really into these little guys for a while, and my lfs FINALLY got them in, so i went and bought 15 of these awesome little guys but recently they have been getting sick and so far 6 have died in two days :/ i've been looking around the internet but ive had no luck trying to identify why they are coming up dead.

note: when i got these little guys from my lfs some jerk decided he would catch a whole bunch and grab them out of the net and place them in the bag.....he then LOST count and REDID the whole process again :/

Attachments

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
any help in identifying whats wrong would be awesome, i really love these guys and dont want to lose any more :/
I wish I could help. I have had nothing but problems with these little guys. I hear they are pretty darn hardy, but I lost my whole group slowly over a few months, but I have no problems keeping their close cousin the cross banded danio. go fig. Good luck :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks like bacterial infection. I have had that with my CPDs twice every time of have added a large group. The real crappy part its that it is very contagious between them. All of my other fish seem to not be affected.

I had 40 CPDs in my 125g planted tank for almost a year with no problems. I added 60 more and within a few days a handful started showing signs just like your photo. EVEN after a two week quaranteen they seemed fine, but once they went into the main tank they started to get sick. I was left with less then 20 after I treated the 125g with meds that were plant safe.

I gave them another shot 5 months after. I added another 60 to the remaining group. Once again they started to show bacterial signs, AGAIN after they were held for a month this time in quranteen. But this time around I was better prepared and used two types of antibiotic food meds that treat gram positive and negative bacteria. I also used melafix and pima fix. This time I lost around 30 and have approx 40-50 left.

I have erythromicrons with the CPDs and they don't seem to be affected. I guess it might be a dormant thing with CPDs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.