The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a harlequin rasbora that had a white patch on it that sort of looked like ich. I slowly raised the temps in my tank to 88 F on 4/28 and the temp has been there ever since. I lost the rasbora with the suspected ich on 5/2. Before he died he was breathing real fast and the other fish were keeping their distance. I have kept the temps at 88 as I wanted to go a full two weeks after loosing the rasbora to make sure I dealt with the suspected ich problem. However, two days ago I noticed one of my purple rasboras developed a white patch on him. It does not look like "salt grains" like I have seen with ich before but more like a patch of white on the scales. It does not appear to be fuzzy from what I can tell. This has me wondering if the original issue was ich. Any ideas what this could be and how to treat? Sorry for the poor photo but it was the best I could get of the little guy. He is still acting fine and eating. Water parameters are 0,0,5. The tank is about 80% planted and I dose KNO3 on Mondays and Equilibrum on Sundays when I do water changes. Inhabitants are 4 neritie snails, 3 rummy nose tetras and 9 harelquins (3 purple and 6 normal rasboras). I am battling some staghorn at the moment on some of the Java Ferns. Please let me know if additional details are needed. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
It is hard to say without dissecting the fish. with these types of fish I would not even quarantine, it just allows bugs to set in on your system and equipment. I'd terminate any of them the moment they show any signs like that.
It will be the cheapest in the long run, by a long stretch.

I have hundreds of fish, so I can not allow any diseased fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.