The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered one of my dwarf gouramis acting very strangely. Jerky movements and rubbed off scales on the right posterior side, above the lateral line. This video was taken right after discovery; this morning the fish was fine - it's now 10:30 pm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N0lRwLxnM4

I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank. What should I do and how should I treat? I've done peroxide baths before, but something tells me this might be internal. Help! I don't want to lose this one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have really no idea what this is, but he's looking even worse. He's in QT and since I have to go to sleep, I decided to forgo the usual peroxide bath I normally do when a fish is exhibiting external problems like rubbing scales. I dosed Maracyn and Maracyn-2. We'll see if he's alive in the morning.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This morning came and it looks like he's doing better. I'm going to continue the maracyn 1-2 combo for the next few days and observe. Does columnaris result in such jerky movements?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.