The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Coreys have been acting weird for two weeks. If not been as active as they normally are but they eating fine. At first it was just the two Julie Corey's acting this way. Now my peppered Cory is acting sick as well. They are sitting on the bottom a lot kind of tilting to the side. I can't see any sign of disease or illness but they are getting worse. What should I do? Tank parameters are normal and tank is cycled. I've had to Coreys for four months but I introduced a new guppy a month ago. No other fish are sick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not ammonia poisioning!!!! Like I said parameters are fine. Tank is fully cycled. Ammonia is testing at 0. Ph is 7.4. Nitrite 0 nitrate 10

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
My Coreys have been acting weird for two weeks. If not been as active as they normally are but they eating fine. They are sitting on the bottom a lot kind of tilting to the side. I can't see any sign of disease or illness but they are getting worse. What should I do? Tank parameters are normal and tank is cycled. I've had to Coreys for four months but I introduced a new guppy a month ago. No other fish are sick.
cory are bottom dwelling fish who hang out on the bottom. so sitting on the bottom resting is a normal thing for them, mine often rest on bottom, and hang out in groups. is it possible that your guppy is harassing them? what other fish are in that tank? a photo of your corys acting sick might help us.

Not ammonia poisioning!!!! Like I said parameters are fine. Tank is fully cycled. Ammonia is testing at 0. Ph is 7.4. Nitrite 0 nitrate 10
no need to yell, you would be surpised how often people post on the board "parameters are fine" and then when they actually test their water they have ammonia, or the nitrAtes are very high.

again a photo would help us as "acting weird" is relative term. for me some of my corys would be acting weird if they were active, my sterbai prefer to hang out on the substrate tilted just watching things, they don't swim around the tank all the tank.

but in the interest of helping you please tell use how long you run your lights, and maybe a full tank shot would help as well as letting us know what other livestock you are keeping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the yelling. They are usually really active, constantly scrounging the bottom for food. They are laying in weird places. Wedged between a plant and a rock or hiding under plants. I've had them for four months and I've never seen them rest like this. The lights are on for nine hours a day.

Also in the tank are two leopard Danios. Three guppies and six neon tetras and some cherry shrimp.
I'll have to read how to post a picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts