The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which shrimp should I build my next next tank for?

• BTOE - Black Tiger Orange Eyes

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Sulawesi Cardinal Shrimps

Votes: 18 47.4%
1 - 20 of 495 Posts

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some people run low tech tanks....others run high tech tanks.....I run ShrimpTech tanks....tanks built just for shrimps. :alien:

There are about 2-3 tank builds combined in this journal. Skip to the end for the latest projects that I'm working on. This first post will also be updated with current FTS.

Current FTS:

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

·
Registered
951 Posts
Very nice. I am interested to see how the africana aquasoil looks. I am wanting to try it out but have not seen any pictures of it yet. Good luck with breeding the high grade shrimps while doing high light plants! I'm sure you can do it.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You won't be able to see my Africana. That is one of the reasons I redid my substrate a month ago. Switched out ASII for Stratum and also hid the Africana. Now my tank has an Africana core surrounded by Fluval Stratum shell.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Where did you get that little glass orb bro? I want one:)

And do you like stratum better than aquasoil, disregarding the color(Stratum looks better).

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The glass orb was a gift from a friend. The moss wall is your moss Ben. :proud:

Stratum looks way better. We'll see how it grows plants. I doubt it has as much nutrients as AS, but I'm ferting the water column so hopefully it'll be OK. It is lighter in weight than AS and it doesn't cloud the water as much when I move stuff. I'm injecting CO2 and using RO so I am not relying on the substrate to buffer my Ph.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where'd you get the UGF from? How's that fan working for you?

I bought the UGF from a LFS. It is an Asian style UGF. They are called circulation tubes, originally intended to be ran with a powerhead.

Here is someone online that sells one.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/462/AZOO-Circulating-Pipes

The fan is from Mordalpus. It works great for a little tank. It keeps my tank 74ish on hot days. Plus it doesn't take up a lot of room over the tank.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have to catch up now.
Another nice looking shrimp set up.

I will have to steal another one of your ideas and get that little glass orb.
I've ordered from the Germany store before that carries these.

Where can I get those mesh squares you have?

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 495 Posts