The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first started my CRS tank, my shrimp would swarm a piece of barley. Now as my colony grew from 11 to 40+, they dont seem to have an interest in anything I am feeding them. At firs they went nuts for Jake's nom food, the veggie sticks, but now they dont SWARM it as they used to. I even tried the old barley, but that didnt work as well. My tank is extremely healthy and there are babies everywhere, but how come they arent as excited when I feed them now.

Feeding was the best time to watch them, but now it just sucks. haha I have 1 almond leaf in there cut in half, and there are tons of moss/HC/driftwood in there. could it be that there is enough biofilm that there is no interest for the food I put in?

THANKS!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
could it be that there is enough biofilm that there is no interest for the food I put in?
This is more than likely it. Anything we feed our shrimp is more like junk food and biofilm is the best for them, so if they're not eating food, feed less and know your tank is probably healthy and they are happy.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
the reality is they zip around when REALLY hungry. If they are hanging out acting like shrimp- they are doing well and your tank can support them. Feeding should be supplemental. While it is fun to see them swarm, it sounds like your tank is well balanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.