The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these bad boys from Shrimpnmoss. Send him a PM to get you on his waiting list!

This female is nicely saddled. You can make out the individual eggs there if you squint. :eek: Almost time to get berried. :)

Got more pics coming. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
706 Posts
they are awsome hardy shrimps. got mine from shrimpnmoss also. had one drop fry a couple of weeks ago and they breed true, barely visable to the naked eye but already tangerine colored. second female is now carrying and a third is sadled as well. i keep mine with some fire red females and they complement each other nicely. they are not neo's according to shrimpnmoss, but supposedly a tiger color varient.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I call this one, "The chase".

From what I've seen after just a few days of keeping them, the younger males are lighter in color than the older ones and the females are the most Tangerine in color, as seen in the first pic. Am I right Howard, or do my shrimp just need more acclimation time? lol

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Nope you are correct. Like most shrimp males are lighter than the females, although you can easily get some very nice fully orange males. Once in a while you'll get a nasty looking one probably one or two per clutch. I usually cull those out. I will say that 90% of my F1 and F2 babies are fully orange.

These will not cross with Neos, and they are suppose to cross with Bees and Tigers. I have not personally have them breed with my CRS or Tigers nor do I plan on it. I'm sure someone will get brave and try some cross breeding. I personally do not keep enough tanks to be able to carry out that experiment.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
they are awsome hardy shrimps. got mine from shrimpnmoss also. had one drop fry a couple of weeks ago and they breed true, barely visable to the naked eye but already tangerine colored. second female is now carrying and a third is sadled as well. i keep mine with some fire red females and they complement each other nicely. they are not neo's according to shrimpnmoss, but supposedly a tiger color varient.

Glad to hear that you are having babies. Good luck...they grow S..L..O...W....

Germans think they are either Caridina Tupfel or Serrata....but who really knows...they were only discovered in S. China at the end of 2010.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! BTW don't PM me about these shrimp, PM shrimpnmoss. lol

As far as camera gear: it's a simple point n shoot....... kidding.

I shoot with a prosumer camera, the Canon 60D. My lense of choice for all things shrimp related is the EF-100mm 2.8 non IS Macro.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.