The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I can see some baby shrimp. I found 5 with the magnifying glass, which really only lets you see the first few inches into the tank before it gets blurry, so I would imagine there is a bunch more I can't see and considering all my RCS got berries days after days of each other, I expect a perpetual babies to show up.

My crystal mommies eggs are going from dark brown to a lighter clearer color so from what I've read that means that are getting ready to drop anytime.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Baby shrimps DO grow fast! I got some red rilis as peewee sized juvies, and I can notice them growing and coloring up even more each day. A little more than 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had some baby CRS. About 5 of them could fit on a 7mmX7mm piece of gravel. Now they're almost as big as a piece of gravel. Good luck raising them, and I hope all goes well.:icon_smil

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baby shrimps DO grow fast! I got some red rilis as peewee sized juvies, and I can notice them growing and coloring up even more each day. A little more than 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had some baby CRS. About 5 of them could fit on a 7mmX7mm piece of gravel. Now they're almost as big as a piece of gravel. Good luck raising them, and I hope all goes well.:icon_smil
I estimated the female dropped 3-4 days ago and I couldn't find any babies looking for hours with my magnifying glass (amazing all the other little life that lives in your tank when sit back and watch for a while) and today I found 6, so they went from unseeable to a size I can find almost with my naked eye now and spot where one is at least located, within 4 days. They are mostly clear, but 1 or 2 have some faint red stripes to them already. I do have a mix of good quality reds and fire reds in my tank. This mother was pretty solid red, red and clear stripped legs, so I'm hoping for some decent looking babies.

Still waiting on my CRS/CBS, but from what people say, they come out the pattern they will be and you will be able to see the color and pattern and grade by the time they are big enough to be seen.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Congratulations. :)

I still have several weeks until my berried Reds could give birth. Several of the Fire Reds that I got in the other day were berried though so if they don't lose the babies I have no idea how far along they are. Not sure how I would tell what is what in that tank though - along with the several adults that group of fire reds included some teeny tiny peewees and the 40 tiger shrimp included some tiny shrimplets as well.

I can sympathize with your excitement. Everyone talks about how quickly and easily Red Cherry Shrimp breed but sitting around waiting for them to get started it doesn't seem that way.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations. :)
I can sympathize with your excitement. Everyone talks about how quickly and easily Red Cherry Shrimp breed but sitting around waiting for them to get started it doesn't seem that way.
+1

I agree, it took a few months before they even got saddled and berried, then all of a sudden like every female in tank got berried within 2 weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.