The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you are using sponge or mesh prefiltered canisters on shrimp tanks, but have any of you set up a true overflow and sump system? What kind of overflow are you using? Drilled through back with sponge over the fitting? Bottom siphoning in a weir with a bunch of scrubby sponges around the pipe to keep the shrimplets in? Who cares they're just shrimp?

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
I know a lot of you are using sponge or mesh prefiltered canisters on shrimp tanks, but have any of you set up a true overflow and sump system? What kind of overflow are you using? Drilled through back with sponge over the fitting? Bottom siphoning in a weir with a bunch of scrubby sponges around the pipe to keep the shrimplets in? Who cares they're just shrimp?
Well depends on what kind of shrimp your keeping. If your keeping $100 Blue Bolts would want to guard your intake.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Trying to figure this out myself . I have a bottom drilled with a standpipe leading to a sump. I have tried using a sponge to block the standpipe but all it does is raise the water level to top of sponge.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got an eshopps and i tied sponge to the inlet grate all around the top I've also got sponge in the u-tubes that lead to the outer box. Shrimp still end up in the sump, in my canister, and in the return line. Yay neos!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts