The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon going to be setting up a 10 gallon tank with neolamprologus multifasciatus in it and was wondering if anybody can think of some shrimp that the multis would not eat or kill when they get near their shells? I was thinking red claw shrimp maybe, my other option was to get a few aeglas. would one of these work?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Definitely not dwarf shrimp. Even the adults would become food...You're also limited because of the hard water they come from. I'd say just nix the shrimp and do a shelly community. You're asking for trouble when you mix africans and tasty morsels.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I agree with you Jeff. Multies are known to move even large MTS out of their territory and can get real defensive of their territory. Plus, you gotta remember when the shrimp molt, they give off a scent that lures fish in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about red claw shrimp or aeglas? I know the red claws get to be around 3" and so do aeglas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.