The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami and I have been meaning to get some RCS soon. The Gourami is generally very peaceful towards other fish. Will he slowly diminish the RCS population or will he leave them alone?

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's about 1 1/2 inches right now, but they're supposed to get up to 2 inches.

·
Registered
803 Posts
RCS usually get around an inch, so if he will only get to two inches, he won't be able to eat them in one piece, but he may harass them and pick them apart. I would get a few and see how they do for a few weeks before getting more, just in case he likes them as snacks instead of friends.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not surprised that you're losing shrimp. Blue paradise's are twice the size of Dwarf Gouramis and they're semi-agressive while the Dwarf's are peaceful. Any bodyhave 4 shrimp they want to get rid of or sacrifice... :hihi:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I'm not surprised that you're losing shrimp. Blue paradise's are twice the size of Dwarf Gouramis and they're semi-agressive while the Dwarf's are peaceful. Any bodyhave 4 shrimp they want to get rid of or sacrifice... :hihi:
Go buy a few ghost feeder shrimp and see how they do. 10-20cents a piece at most LFS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.