The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about moving my shrimp to a different tank and putting it in my den area. I would like to use just a sponge filter from an airline pump. Would that be sufficient? The temp is a little cooler than the rest of the house. In the winter I would say that it stays in the sixties. Would that be ok for the shrimp? (CRS and Yellow shrimp) I'm trying to avoid having a heater.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Indeed, pop a thermometer in the tank and make sure that it doesn't get too chilly, you ought to be fine.

In the wild these types of shrimp are from subtropical regions; they can expect to see weather with highs in the 50's or low 60's for at least part of the year. The selectively bred versions can't be expected to be as robust as the wild type, but it's not as though we're taking a rainforest animal and plunking it down in the tundra (like if you were trying to keep the Sulawesi shrimp in this tank.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.