1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
492 Posts
Appreciate the advice. I use the Aquaclear 20 in my 6 and 10 gallon tanks. I think it would be too much in a 4 gallon tank.

By tiny, what do you mean? What size tank did you use it in? It's a 4 Gallon I am using here.
i had it for a 3 gallons and now the AC 20 seem not enough for me. thinking about switching to AC 30 or AC 50 for my 3 gallons.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had it for a 3 gallons and now the AC 20 seem not enough for me. thinking about switching to AC 30 or AC 50 for my 3 gallons.
Really? That's surprising to me. My AC 20 sometimes seems too much for my 6 :)

As for a sponge filter, haven't found one that doesn't look monstrous in the tank. That's why I am looking at this one as it combines the sponge with a multi-stage HOB capacity in a small package.

Still looking. Open to sponge filter suggestions... any and all really.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Really? That's surprising to me. My AC 20 sometimes seems too much for my 6 :)

As for a sponge filter, haven't found one that doesn't look monstrous in the tank. That's why I am looking at this one as it combines the sponge with a multi-stage HOB capacity in a small package.

Still looking. Open to sponge filter suggestions... any and all really.
the good thing about AC filter is that you can put a lot of media or other stuffs inside the filter. the 30/50 are much bigger and allow me to put more. also, you can stick an ac 20 impeller into the 30/50 to reduce the flow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I just had three berried mommas drop about two weeks ago and have not had any problems. I can see them going on and off of it.
Good to know. Not so worried now. BTW...do you know where to get replacement pre-filters for the Azco? The replacement pads are hard to find and I haven't found anywhere that has a replacement intake filter.

That is the major drawback to this filter, availability of replacement filtration media.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.