The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Yall,

So ive been thinking about getting some monsura/and or Borneo wild "supplements" for my newest shrimp tank (CRS). I'm very interested in the ones such as Borneo wild "sheild" which are supposed to enhance immunity and the monsura biological suppliments like BT-9 for a healthy and large bacterial community.

I'd love to hear about any and all of your experiences with any of these products or others like them (such as the ones for enhancing color, whites, reds etc.)

What is your opinion, do you see the benefits from these products? Or just are they just "snake oils" which rely on the wonderful ability of the human mind too see only what it wants to?

Thanks!

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
I use BT-9 all the time. BorneoWild has been useful too. I does both during WC and when I introduce new shrimps. I haven't used any of the color enhancing products.

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
I use Borneo White and the babies rasied in the tank with it are very solid (unlike half the parents who are a bit transparent). I just ordered Stout and Shield from Liam to see if they can help up the % of babies that survive and help keep all my F1s healthy.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
i've only just started using the full mosura line of products so i dont really have any experience with them just yet, but my thought is, they don't make this stuff for nothing. It's FOR shrimps, so it should do *something*. Any of that stuff is almost always used by the top breeders/sellers, so it must work/be beneficial to use. I know i haven't been able to keep a single crs shrimplet alive for longer than 3 weeks without them, so im hoping with them it'll fix that.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
oh ya massive bummer! i've had like 8 or 10 clutches hatch in the last year and nothing, not a single crystal shrimplet alive to this day but tons of cherries over the months and all the adults/juvies do great, its just the newborns :/
Things should be fine/fixed now after all the changes and additions ive done to get things down perfectly though.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
oh ya massive bummer! i've had like 8 or 10 clutches hatch in the last year and nothing, not a single crystal shrimplet alive to this day but tons of cherries over the months and all the adults/juvies do great, its just the newborns :/
Things should be fine/fixed now after all the changes and additions ive done to get things down perfectly though.
Shakes fist in a Homer-like manner.....Better Be!

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
I feel better now about the fact that I'm getting 1-5 survivors per clutch. I’m REALLY hoping to improve on that. A lot. But the tank is only a few months only and I’m only on the third round of babies. I’ve been hoping that as the tank ages and becomes more established, I’ll get a higher survivor rate.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I feel better now about the fact that I'm getting 1-5 survivors per clutch. I’m REALLY hoping to improve on that. A lot. But the tank is only a few months only and I’m only on the third round of babies. I’ve been hoping that as the tank ages and becomes more established, I’ll get a higher survivor rate.
lol glad i could make you feel better about that :p
I'm hoping these supplements do it for me as everything else in terms of the water is perfect and has been. I suppose Good luck to all of us!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Im still trying to figure out what will be worth the cost. Borneo shield, monsura Bt9, gravidas, tonic pro and rich water are peaking my interest the most.

I guess the question is now, what products, other than reminerlizers, does everyone else use in your shrimp tanks? Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts