The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I'm looking for a couple of easy care types of dwarf shrimp. One should be in the yellow color realm and no idea for the other yet.

I currently house: Amano, Indian Whiskers, Blue Velvet, Painted Fire Red, Tangerine Tigers.

My water is about 7.5ph after degassing, hard water. Amano, Painted Fire and Blue Velvets so far are thriving and breeding (will try salt raising Amano larvae soon).

I only keep mystery snails aside from the shrimp. I'd prefer not to jump hoops to raise larvae (Amano and Indian Whiskers are difficult enough).

The totally nerdy part of this is that I'm color coordinating plants, snails and shrimp. I'd like the shrimp to show up on the background which will be Light/Pink/Sunset color slate on black sand for the unknown shrimp tank.

Whatever the yellow shrimp is, it is assigned to the black substrate and dark green plants with ivory snails.

I think the sunset slate should have some kind of dark colored shrimp and I think the snails will be jade.... maybe...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
For yellow you've got either some of the less orange tangerine tigers (Caridina Serrata) and the yellow neocaridina (yellow, painted yellow, orange rili can be kind of yellow, neon yellows).
If you go with caridina serrata you can add a neocaridina species without worrying about interbreeding.

Reactions: boothie and Opare

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I was thinking either yellow cherry shrimp or yellow king kongs, if the water parameters are right for them.

Dark shrimp include black or chocolate cherries, carbon rilis, or perhaps black king kongs?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I have tangerine tigers, RCS, blue velvet, Indian Whiskers and Amano. I think I like the neon fire yellows for the yellow shrimp from someone on shrimpspot.com - very lovely pictures. I've been contacted for some others I'm still thinking about.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't have the knowledge to give you all the advice you need - especially compared to some of these other people. But I would love to see some pictures of your aquarium when you set it up - especially the amano fry in saltwater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.