The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does that mean there is something wrong with my tank or did she drop them....?
Could be a number of things.
- First time berrying? Many new moms will produce fewer eggs or even drop them the first time around
- Newer tank? Maybe they're not getting enough food from lack of biofilm
- Wrong parameters? They could be stressed out by not living in ideal water
- Are the shrimp new to the tank? Stress from a recent tank change and adjustment to new water parameters might do it

Make sure the tank has all the things they need to be happy (food + parameters) and keep an eye out for future pregnancies. If this is an isolated incident, you're probably fine. If this continues to happen with different shrimp, start investigating.

·
Registered
134 Posts
From the Sound of your post. this is the first time that you had a berried Shrimp. Yes, those are eggs. Which is a good sign that your Shrimp are happy with the Environment of your tank. Like @aotf said First time berrying? Many new moms will produce fewer eggs or even drop them the first time around.
This is normal. Nothing to worry about. However I recommend you to just Keep doing what your doing. If something goes wrong you will notice it.

Do not over feed! Your female is berried their is biofilm in your Aquarium. Most People request that you use bacter Ae or some other biofilm creator for your tank. I used it for the longest time. Only to see my beautiful tank turn to a green mess. I stopped using biofilm additives on a normal basis. I only use when I have a berried female. I dose one time one week before babies hatch, and two days after they hatch. This gives me around a 98% survival rate. and a Little extra Food for them. The will get everything they Need from your Aquarium if it is cycled and established.

Kind regards,
JonRon

·
Registered
540 Posts
From the Sound of your post. this is the first time that you had a berried Shrimp. Yes, those are eggs. Which is a good sign that your Shrimp are happy with the Environment of your tank. Like @aotf said First time berrying? Many new moms will produce fewer eggs or even drop them the first time around.
This is normal. Nothing to worry about. However I recommend you to just Keep doing what your doing. If something goes wrong you will notice it.

Do not over feed! Your female is berried their is biofilm in your Aquarium. Most People request that you use bacter Ae or some other biofilm creator for your tank. I used it for the longest time. Only to see my beautiful tank turn to a green mess. I stopped using biofilm additives on a normal basis. I only use when I have a berried female. I dose one time one week before babies hatch, and two days after they hatch. This gives me around a 98% survival rate. and a Little extra Food for them. The will get everything they Need from your Aquarium if it is cycled and established.

Kind regards,
JonRon
I have only one incident where I accidentally poured too much Bacter Ae. Othet than that I never had any issues. No much tds difference and crystal clear water. But I use very less Bacter Ae and I use once a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts