The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the prices for the following shrimp in the USA. What you pay to buy them. Thanks for helping in advance. 1pc. price please.

Minami shrimp
CRS C grade (blacks bee also)
CRS B grade (black bee aslo)
CRS A grade (black bee also)
CRS S grade V-band, Tiger tooth (black bee also)
CRS SS grade (Hinomaru) No-entry, Stop sign, Double stop sign (black Hino)
Mosura (All white bodies red heads small cicle near tail)
Yamato shrimp (Amano)

Thanks again,

Gabe.

P.S. Don't list names of places where you can buy them just prices.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would have to say you can get Cand B grades for $5 a piece from other hobbists.

A grades for around $8

S grades for around 10 to 15 a piece

SS grade would be $20 to $30

Yamato can be bought for around $2

can't find Mosura, never heard of them

Minami, haven't seen them anywhere. I guess I have some now but they were sold to me as a unknown shrimp or a Neocaridina sp which isn't true.

These are the prices I have seen for these shrimp. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
From what Ive seen...

CRS C grade (blacks bee also) $3-5
CRS B grade (black bee aslo) $5-10
CRS A grade (black bee also) $8-10
Yamato shrimp (Amano) $2-3

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
These are prices that I have seen them at.

I have been asking people if they are interested, but most people I ask are waiting for the prices to lower before they will try raising CRS:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unfortunately, it's the market that sets the price. If people who lives around you aren't interested. You won't be able to sell even one S+ at a fraction of the price you invested.
That's the same situation where I live. There just isn't a market for you to sell. And no newb is going to hand you $200 or $300, if they aren't sure they can keep them alive long enough to breed them.
What I suggest is that you flood the market around you with C grade CRS. Sell them at lots of 10s. That is a good number to start a breeding colony. Keep only the C grade and your S+. Cull the in between. When enough people have the experience at breeding them. There will eventually be a demand for higher quality CRS.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
there is market for both...
I agree. I think you guys are looking in the wrong places. Ideally you would want multiple different grades so you can always have what people are looking for... but thats in a perfect situation!

-Andrew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts